Dating Forums Forum Index Dating Forums
The Singles Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

colombian dating
Colombian Dating
no strings dating
No Strings Dating
adult personals
Adult Personals
Russian Brides
Russian Brides
christian dating
Christian Dating

Some Insight Please...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hupholland

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Some Insight Please... Reply with quote

During the course of the year, I developed a crush on a girl from one of my classes in college. I’d gotten the impression that maybe she liked me in return but was never able to find the courage or the right moment to ask her out.

I was dead set on doing it after our final exam but as I was leaving a bunch of the guys from the class called me over and asked me if I was going out to a bar with them. I agreed to go, but before we decided to leave, I noticed the girl, Kayla, off to the side, alone, and leaning against the wall. Eventually, her best friend Michelle came by, grabbed her by the hand, and pulled her away to the exit on the other side.

It was clear Kayla was resisting but to say she was waiting for me to come over would be a little presumptuous. As they were walking away Michelle did look back and made eye contact with me but that might have been due to the fact that I was the only one paying attention to them. At any rate, I couldn’t pull myself away from the group I was with and risk making an ass of myself. She was in her last year, so I felt pretty terrible about blowing it.

But before the year was officially over, I did run into Michelle and so I brought it up. I found out from her that Kayla already has a boyfriend. I told her to forget it but she wasn’t willing to leave it at that. She told me that maybe Kayla would like to go out on a date with me and for every time I (feeling a little perplexed) mentioned “But she has a boyfriend” she’d laugh a bit and repeat her previous sentiment. So in the end I gave her my number, we talked a bit, and I left for home actually feeling kind of guilty that I could potentially screw her current boyfriend if she would in fact leave him for me.

However, it’s been two weeks now with no phone call and I’m only left feeling sorry for myself. The reason I’m posting this is that I’m very confused by the way Michelle acted. Had she came up to me asking about a friend of mine that’s currently in a relationship, I would not have led her to think she had a chance unless I had a reason to believe that she did. But then I’m a guy, which begs the question if girls generally handle such situations differently. I find it peculiar that she was so insistent and honestly, I’d be feeling a lot better at the moment had she just let me go, knowing I had no chance. Now I can’t help but wonder if the situation is much more complicated than simply Kayla being taken and not interested.

At the moment I’m kicking myself for not simply asking Michelle for Kayla’s number. I have no way of contacting her and as an international student; once she goes home it’s safe to say it’s over. At the moment, it’s not too big of a city and I do run into the occasional classmate downtown. I can only hope she’s still here and that some day we meet. Even if she were to flat out reject me, I’d at least finally know where she stands.

Should the fact that she hasn’t phoned be enough to convince me she’s not in the least interested? If so what do you make of Michelle’s reaction?
Noland

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you really shouldn't dwell on it, she didn't call you back, so she was not very interested. As for her friends reaction, that can be so many things.

-Kayla could have had BF problems.
-Kayla could have been known by the friend to cheat
-Her friend may just be a little looney
and so on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dating Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: