Dating Forums Forum Index Dating Forums
The Singles Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

colombian dating
Colombian Dating
no strings dating
No Strings Dating
adult personals
Adult Personals
Russian Brides
Russian Brides
christian dating
Christian Dating

Ok so I'm confused and its kinda driving crazy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ibanez

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Ok so I'm confused and its kinda driving crazy Reply with quote

Ok, so everything in my life was going fine...I was single for about four years and after my last relationship experience, I really had no interest in getting into another one. I already had pretty much all I needed to be content with where I was in life...that is until this girl walked into my life.

The first time I saw her I got a feeling that there was just something about her, but I just blew it off and continued with my life. As I saw her more and more I started to get more and more attracted to her, but I figured the last thing I needed was to get into another relationship and in time, the feeling would just go away if I ignored it. The problem is, it didn't actually work out that way and the more I saw her, the more I thought about her and now I have a hard time trying not to think about her. In the last couple weeks, I've also started thinking I might want to give the relationship thing another try. Under normal circumstances, I really wouldn't have a problem with doing anything about this, but of all the girls that have been in and out of my life, I've never actually gotten THIS feeling about any of them and along with some other stuff, it's a lot more complicated.

One of the things thats complicated about it is that I am having a very hard time reading her and I can't tell if she would be interested, or not...why is that such a big deal you ask? Why not just give it a shot and see what happens? I'll get to that in a bit. Anyway, here's some stuff that is giving me a hard time reading her. First, she's really shy, so a lot of the stuff she does could just be that she's shy. Like she often has a hard time making direct eye contact with me and it seems that at times she is really trying to look in other directions and when we do make eye contact, she usually looks away quickly; however, almost everytime we do make eye contact she smiles at me. I've known girls in the past that those actions would indicate that she is interested, but with this girl it could just be shyness and friendliness. Another thing that she does is that she laughs at every single joke I make, no matter if its actually, stupid, or just lame. So I'm aware that this is another thing that "could" imply interest, but with this girl, I keep thinking it could just be that she might feel bad about it she doesn't laugh.

It's also a little hard to get her talking when it's just me and her in the conversation, sometimes she will be the first person to say something, by making a little joke, or just commenting on something in general, but most of the time I would be starting the conversation and it wouldn't go very far...although yesterday I got her talking a little longer and she stuck around to finish the conversation even after we had finished our smokes...I don't know if that could be anything at all, but it's really cold where we live and most people pretty much just end the conversation they are having and head back inside after finishing their smoke, course she could have just been being polite, but she did seem interested in the conversation too...yea this is the kind of stuff that goes on in my head a lot, "that could mean this, but it could also mean that...or maybe it means this". Smile

Another thing she does that makes me wonder, is that when she's sitting down she'll have her legs crossed and when she see's me walking towards her, one of her legs will start moving up and down and she'll start moving her foot around in circles and I've only seen her do that it's me walking towards her, or if I'm in close proixity of her...I've come to think of this as it could be an indictation that she's interested in me, or it could just be a nervous thing, which might mean she just gets nervous when I'm around her. The only thing I've really figured out about this is that it definitly has to be something to do with me because she does it everytime I'm around her and she's sitting down and I haven't seen her do it when it's someone else.

Ok, so now back to why I just can't just say something, or ask her out, or something...there is a bit of an age difference between us chronologically...I just recently turned 29 and she's 20...which could, or could not be a big deal depending on how a person feels about it...personnally I don't put think too much about age...well within reasonable limits and by that I pretty much mean I wouldn't be interested in anyone I saw as a kid, or not considored an adult where I live. I also look, think and act younger than I actually am and I've been told that it's been decided that people are just going to considor me in the 22-24 age range because they can't see me as being 29...so yea, I've pretty much looked, thought, acted, and have been treated younger than I actually am all my life, which doesn't bother me at all, it's just made it so I don't think age is really a big deal, but really where your mindset is...course I don't really know how she feels about it. When she asked how old I was a while back, I told her I was 29 and she said she thought I was 22, but I don't know if thats how she looks at me or what. If it was just a matter of asking her and finding out she just wasen't interested, then I figure it would be ok and I'd get over it, but I just wouldn't feel right about it without know where she would stand on the whole age diff thing.

So yea, that's my story. All I'm really looking for is some opinions and what people think of the situation, I know no one can really have a definite answer about it.

I'd also be open to any ideas on what i could say, or what I could do to find out more about what she may, or may not feel.

Anyway, thanks for reading this.
SFguy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That age difference doesn't mean anything, shes in her 20's, so just give it a try
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dating Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: