Dating Forums Forum Index Dating Forums
The Singles Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

colombian dating
Colombian Dating
no strings dating
No Strings Dating
adult personals
Adult Personals
Russian Brides
Russian Brides
christian dating
Christian Dating

Will she stay after she comes to America?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J_Field07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Will she stay after she comes to America? Reply with quote

Hi

I am on my mid-forties, I had not been lucky when it comes to relationships, I have been on a couple of healthy relationships in the past, but for some reason they never worked out.
For quite a while, after breaking up with my former girl, I know it sounds corny, but I started to lose faith in love. So, as a way of relaxing and having a good time, this friend of mine told me about taking one of these tours to Russia which are so popular these days because I’d meet beautiful, and he kind of talked me into it, therefore with nothing left to lose (except for a couple of bucks), I went on the tour, and indeed I met this death-gorgeous, smart and sincere gal, we just simply clicked after meeting each other, we had the best time together while I was in Russia, and ever since I came back to the states we kept in touch almost every day by phone, chat, and e-mails,. I know it is kind of difficult to have long distance relationship, but she’s definitely worth it, plus I go to Russia every time I can.
I am very serious with her, we’re on a one-year relationship now, we have talked about her moving to the states and she’s ok with it.
Lately, I have started to think about popping the question once she moves in, of course she doesn’t know about it.
So here are my concerns:
Do you think I am rushing into things? Or should I just go for it and ask her to marry me?
Do you think it would work? You know, me being American and her being Russian? Or is it that you think she will have a hard time adapting to America and she’ll just feel like going back.

Any piece of advice would be very appreciated

Thanks
SFguy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't ask if it will work, it's just like any other relationship, it may work it may not. If she can come here and stay and you not marry her I would wait a while, if you have to marry her for her to stay, then got for it if you really like her, just get a good prenup.
Shewillbeloved

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life is a box of chocolates, you never know what you going to get, where did I hear that? Nevermind. Same thing happens with relationships, so as SFguy says you cannot know for sure whether things will work.
But look at the bright side, the fact that she has waited for you all this time would mean that she is really interested in you, she cares about you and that she’s not just after a green card. However; I would recommend to wait a little longer let’s say about a couple of months, see how she handles moving to the states and after that if things continue the same way you describe they are between you and her. I’d say go for it. Good luck.
J_Field07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it was on Forest Gump....Forest's mamma
singletravelerguy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this report at A Foreign Affair. It's an immigration report that shows that by marrying a foreign woman you have more than twice the chance of staying married than if you marry an American woman. Here in Scottsdale AZ the divorce rate is 70% and according to the US government the divorce rate with foreign women is less than 20%. Marrying an American woman you have a 250% greater chance of getting divorced.

To see report go to: http://www.loveme.com/information/immigration.htm#Report
EKorosteleva

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's of any help to you, I myself am a Russian woman. I have been married to an American for more than 8 years. Also I associate with a group of about 100 Russian women that have married American men. So far I have only known of three divorces out of almost 100 couples. That is a far cry from my husband’s friends who are almost all divorced from American women.
Ciprian

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: 2 or 3 years Reply with quote

Isn't there a time limit on marriage and staying here legaly?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dating Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: