Dating Forums Forum Index Dating Forums
The Singles Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

colombian dating
Colombian Dating
no strings dating
No Strings Dating
adult personals
Adult Personals
Russian Brides
Russian Brides
christian dating
Christian Dating

Not sure if I should remain with my Girlfriend anymore.?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcramer16

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Not sure if I should remain with my Girlfriend anymore.? Reply with quote

Ok, I'll try not to get this too long!

I have been dating my girlfreind for 2 years now. We live together. I was a single parent before she came. I am a pilot, and most pilots are gone for 3 or 4 days a week out flying. With the job I have right now, I don't have to worry about being gone yet, but I will in the next couple months. There are 7 years between my girlfriend and me and I have a 5 year old daughter.

With all that in mind here's the problem. We hardly ever used to fight. We would go weeks and weeks without any problems, and then it was only a minor squabble. We used to get along so well, and I would brag to my family and friends about how she was so wonderful, and this relationship was so wonderful because of this.

Anymore we fight more than we get along. Not screaming matches, mostly it consists of her stomping around the house giving me the silent treatment for a couple hours or even all day. I have NEVER EVER given her the cause to be jealous, but if I even look at another woman for more than 2 seconds it ends up with her stomping around giving me the silent treatment. It is so immature. If I say the wrong thing ect... You get the point. I admit that I am not the perfect boyfriend, as I think everyone always has the potential to improve themselves. But I do the darn best I think I can. I'm not going to sit here and brag about myself, but I do try to make everyone happy. Sometimes I pay more attention to my work, but that's just because my career is finally getting started.

She also is always saying she wants me to give her a baby because if she has to take care of another mans baby, she wants one of her own to take care of too.

If i break up with her, I can't be a pilot. I would have to give up my career. No way I can be gone half the week and leave my daughter at the babysitters. Not that I could afford that anyways. I have no family near me to help (they live on the other side of the country). I don't feel it would be right for me to stay with her just because it is convinient having her there to take care of my daughter! Other times I don't know what I would do without her.

In all fareness to her, she's not a horrible person. She stays at home to watch my kid, because if she did get a job, the money would just go right back to the babysitter. The house is always spotless, and dinner is usually done on time. If I am busy doing something she doesn't have a problem getting my daughter ready for bed, reading her a story, etc... However, I don't believe she does enough activities with my daughter, takeing her to the park that is only a block away, arts and crafts, etc... All in all she is a good person. I just don't know if she is the right person for me.

She gets these attitudes, and when I tell her nicely that we should communicate and talk about it, she won't. She then procedes to pout for hours. 99% of the time, I don't even know what I did wrong.

I just don't know what to do. If she would "grow up" a little and quit throwing these hissy fits over every little thing (which she never used to do) I think everything would be fine. Other than these fits, I have no other problems with her. But lately it seems like she is getting worse and worse. It never used to be this way! I don't know what to do. Ok, I think this is getting long enough!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SFguy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When she gets mad to you get mad back, or do you reason with her and try to explain it's pointless to be mad?
dcramer16

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I get mad back then it turns into an argument. I don't think that helps anything. I just try to explain to her that it's pointless, but there's no reasoning with her when she's mad. After it's all over with then I get the "I know, I know". It's usually best to leave her alone till she is calmed down, but lately, I seem to be loosing patience and I feel like yelling at her.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sungirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time you fight, say you can't stand the fighting anymore and you need a break, time apart from each other can fix relationships
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dating Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: