Dating Forums Forum Index Dating Forums
The Singles Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

colombian dating
Colombian Dating
no strings dating
No Strings Dating
adult personals
Adult Personals
Russian Brides
Russian Brides
christian dating
Christian Dating

parents hate me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: parents hate me Reply with quote

I have been dating this girl for almost three years now. This is also totally unbeknownst to her parents. She was my best friend for 9 years before that. I love her with all my heart and really want to spend the rest of my life with her. There is a problem though, her parents extremely dislike me. Now i am not a creep or a punk or jerk or anything like that. I dress well (not like a grungy teenager) I have been going to a JC getting some GE out of the way before transfering to where i am now. I am not unreliable. I have never been mean to her or any of her family. Her dad is hard to talk to at times, i will open up to him and try to talk to him but he closes me out. Her mom, i thought liked me, but recently i found out she doesnt. I dont know why they dont like me, my girlfriend says they say it is cause they think i am going nowhere in life. I dont know how to win them over, does anyone have any advice for me at all? Please help me.
~kai
bigbill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"they say it is cause they think you are going nowhere in life" So start menitioning some business books you are reading and start carrying them around.

What does this mean?

"I have been going to a JC getting some GE out of the way before transfering to where i am now. "

What is JC & GE?
cblack0127

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately start talking about what you are doing now for your future. Mention your plans, goals, etc. If this is the real reason they dislike you, then you hopefully should slowly win them over when they see you going through with what you have told them.
vanessabg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am agree with, Cblack0127! you should doing the same work as your parents like,in this way they slowly turn towards you.
Ciprian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that they are willing to talk to you at all (even if somewhat reluctantly) means that there is hope Smile
Like bigbill said, try to convince them (especially through actions, not just words) that you know what you're doing, and that you'll be able to make their daughter happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dating Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: