Dating Forums Forum Index Dating Forums
The Singles Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

colombian dating
Colombian Dating
no strings dating
No Strings Dating
adult personals
Adult Personals
Russian Brides
Russian Brides
christian dating
Christian Dating

Gave him a chance was it the right choice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
julybaby82

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Gave him a chance was it the right choice Reply with quote

Confused
I started dating a guy about 2 1/2 months ago. We have known each other since we were little kids but hadn't seen each other in a few years. See up until May I was married. My marriage started falling apart almost instantly. I was married for less than 3 years, but was with the man for close to 8 years. So I am still in my "healing" period.
When I started hanging out with this old friend again I knew it would be bad news b/c even when we were in highschool we always flirted and crushed on each other. We did have a very small "fling" if you can call it that in junior high. (Like I said we have known each other since we were very small childred). I was vunerable and he was immediately interested in me. I tried for over a month to resist him. But he was always wanting to be around me, always telling me I was "hot" and that I was a good person that didn't deserve what happened to me, I laughed with him, I communicated great with him, and I had fun with him. We started fooling around and I realized that the chemistry between us sexually was great.
So next thing you know we are spending every day together and having the time of our lives. Well a cold fall started settling in and now we are both broke from our expensive spending summer together. All we ever do anymore is hang out at his apt. He never wants to come over to my house, when I talk to him about it he says it isn't that he doesn't want to, it just hasn't been convienent. WE LIVE LESS THAN A MILE FROM EACH OTHER! Also he is completely unaffectionate. Which I have talked to him about the other day and he says he doesn't know why he is like that and he is going to try to change. I have been waking up in the morning feeling like this is never going to work, how am I going to end it. But truth is I don't know if that is really what I want. We have such a great time together. I also know that it is always going to be in the back of my head that I didn't take time for myself after my marriage and I didn't let myself "see what is out there." I do feel like I could find a man who would be affectionate and wonderful to me and I could be sure about someday. I hate this doubting. I just had this talk with him about the affection and spending time with me at my home 2 days ago. Do I give it time and see if my feelings change or do I move on b/c of my delicate situation?
Red

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it's important to you to have some time for yourself, so tell him you want a break. He probably won't like it, but hey if it's meant to be it'll work out in the end. Just have some time alone for now.
bgan10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: take it Reply with quote

take a break. you don't need time after you marrage to see whats out there, you need that time for yourself and you to take everything in. the guy isn't going th change anytime soon. seeing those types of things happen so early in a relationship means there not going to change. it's only been a little while and he's already losing the affection end of it. no dice
vanessabg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After your brake up you quickly find a romantic guy which you know very well but now you are not satisfied. So relax yourself now and have a time for yourself alone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dating Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: